Street closures in place for “The Great Race” in Moncton Friday, June 29
A prestigious car touring event will be making a pit stop in Moncton Friday, June 29.
Because of this, street detours will be set in place for Friday afternoon.
From 2 p.m. until midnight on Friday, June 29:
- Closure of the eastbound lanes of Assomption Boulevard from Lutz Street to Downing Street.
- Intersections of Assomption/Lutz and Assomption/Westmorland will remain open.
- Traffic travelling south on Westmorland Street will still be able to turn right and head west on Assomption or straight into the Press Club.
- Closure of the westbound lanes of Assomption Boulevard from Main Street to Westmorland Street.
- Access to Blue Cross parking, Moncton Law Courts, condos, and RCMP station via Mechanic Street.
- Closure of Downing Street from Assomption Boulevard to Sommet Lane.
The city is asking motorists to use alternate routes when at all possible, and apologizes for any inconvenience this may cause, but also encourages travellers to check out the events.