Need More Energy First Thing In The AM? Read On!
DO THESE THINGS IN THE MORNING FOR MORE ENERGY:
- Take 10 breaths: Stress has many effects on the body, one of which is decreased energy. So, start the day with 10 deep breaths, which helps relax you and cultivate a sense of awareness.
- Hydrate: Drinking water, even if you’re not thirsty, can be an energy booster, which is why many nutritionists recommend downing a glass first thing in the morning. The good news is that coffee counts too!
- Get moving: Exercise has all kinds of energy-boosting benefits, from pumping up your endorphins to improving concentration, to making you more active throughout the day.
- Eat: Choose a breakfast that is higher in protein and healthy fats.
- Watch the sugar: Too much will result in a ‘crash’, making you tired, hungry, and craving more sugar.
- Ignore your phone: Set boundaries so you aren’t bombarded by work emails or bad news first thing. Aim for a calm start to the day.
- Get to know yourself: What works for one person in the morning doesn’t always work for another. Change up your routine one habit at a time and see what’s best for you.