Tims Rewards loyalty system receiving major upgrades at the end of February!
Tims is expanding its loyalty rewards program with major upgrades, coming February 26th!
“Tims Rewards launched less than a year ago, in March 2019, and has quickly become one of Canada’s largest and most used loyalty programs, with nearly 8 million active members. Guests have told us how much they love Tims Rewards, but to make it even better they would like to be able to access more items on the menu for rewards and would like to see more exclusive offers.”
The expansion includes changing the system over to a points-based program, as well a much wider menu redemption selection + exclusive offers!
Each transaction (per every 30 minutes) will earn you 10 points — Here’s what you can save up & redeem points for:
- 50 points: hash browns, classic donuts, specialty donuts, cookies
- 70 points: brewed coffee, tea, Dream Donuts, bagels and baked goods
- 100 points: hot chocolate, French vanilla, iced coffee, wedges
- 140 points: Classic Iced Capp, frozen beverages, espresso drinks, box of 10 Timbits, yogurt, oatmeal
- 180 points: breakfast sandwiches, soups
- 220 points: BELT, farmers breakfast sandwiches, lunch sandwiches, chili
“Unregistered members simply need to link their card number with their email on the Tim Hortons app or at timhortons.ca/signup to unlock expanded access to the menu. Through the app or online, members can select a rewards level to earn points towards or they can choose to bank points in their account and save them for up to a year. If a reward level isn’t selected, guests will receive a coffee, tea or baked good after earning 70 points.”
If you were to create an online account for the Tims Rewards app and/or link your physical card to the app, you can unlock exclusive rewards as well — beginning with a 2x points promotion from February 26th to March 18th, as well a free reward on your birthday!
More details on the new Tims Rewards:
- Download the app and link your card: Tims Rewards is simple and easy to use. Download the Tim Hortons app from the App Store or Google Play or visit timhortons.ca. If you have a physical Tims Rewards card, link the number with your email online or on the app. Choose a rewards level. Start earning Points. Redeem Points for Tims beverages, baked goods and food.
- Earning points: Eligible transactions are greater than $0.50 CAD and more than 30 minutes apart. Each eligible transaction will earn 10 points. The Tim Hortons app or a Tims Rewards digital or physical card must be presented and scanned before paying.
- Banking points: If a registered member prefers to save their rewards for later, they can toggle on the bank points feature in the Tim Hortons app and save rewards for up to a year.
- Physical cards: After members link their physical Tims Rewards card through the Tim Hortons app or at timhortons.ca/signup , the card can still be scanned at point of sale and members can collect and redeem points for even more of their favourite Tims beverages, baked goods and food. As of April 22, 2020, members with unlinked physical Tims Rewards cards will collect points which can be redeemed for brewed coffee, tea or classic donut after collecting 120 points.
More info: timhortons.ca/timsrewards.